Here are some of the reasons to have a drain survey carried out by a certified drainage surveyor on a property you are buying or selling.
Certified Drainage Surveyor will provide you with easy to read and understand reports, (personally go through and help you understand the report) which will include:
1. Structural Condition Reporting/analysis
2. Mis-connections identification and reporting
3. Drainage system ownership - Private / Water Company
4. Mapping - drawing to show drainage system locations and components
5. Mortgage lenders may/will request a drain survey, Insurance company may/will request a drain survey.
6. Home buyers may not be aware that a survey could provide all of the above information which is extremely important.
7. Water company could be for-warned about defects on there asset, saving time and money on repairs and preventing the buyer from inheriting problems
8. Most RICS building surveyors do not carry the equipment to carry out an in-depth survey to a critical part of the structure, everything else can be properly inspected apart from the drainage system.
9. Buyers are often left in the dark about the condition of drains which are often out of sight, out of mind and can often be in a very poor condition.
10. Insurance companies are often covering defective drainage as they are unaware of the true condition, a growing number now request a drain survey before offering cover.
11. Detection of Vermin / Rat Infestation within the drainage system
The report is emailed over to the buyer promptly.
Pre & Post Purchase Drain Surveys
CCTV drain surveys are especially important to have undertaken before buying a property. Unfortunately, many homebuyers that find out their drains are structurally defective once they’ve moved into the new property and have to pay thousands of pounds to have the drain repaired with no insurance cover.
Don’t let this happen to you, a pre-purchase drain survey can locate these problems giving you the opportunity to negotiate on the property price or pull out – either way at least you are aware!
51 francis road Lichfield Staffs ws13 7jx UK +44.07763161061 01543 255061
alan bailey © 2013 | All Rights Reserved